GMX motorbikes online website collects customer’s information subject to the following Australian federal laws and regulations:
• Australian Privacy Act 1988
• Telecommunication Act 1997
• Data-matching Program (Assistance and Tax) Act 1990
• Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006
• The Healthcare Identifiers Act 2010
As a registered company in Melbourne, Victoria (ABN: 52 117 084 241 ACN: 117 084 241), the data we use are also subjected to the following state privacy acts:
• Information Privacy Act 2000
• The Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
• Freedom of Information Act 1982
• Public Records Act 1973
• Surveillance Devices Act 1999
• Telecommunications (Interception) (State Provisions) Act 1988
At GMX motorbikes, we are committed to protect your privacy with a safe and secure online shopping experience. We only collect your certain information for to make sure you can be identified when using this website. Please feel free to contact us or call 1300 766 469 if you need any further information which cannot be found on this page.
What we collect?
We collect information from you in shopping cart, registration, newsletter subscription or other relevant online shopping steps. We may collect your details as: name, shipping address, contact phone number, email address. At GMX motorbikes, we can assure you all those information you provide to us are protected by 256 bit SSL secure certificate (https ://).
What we do with the information collect?
At GMX, we use the information to understand your online shopping needs and aim to provide a better, secure and easy purchase experience at:
• Secure and safe transaction records. All information you provide during the checkout and shopping cart steps are never be stored or transferred without 256 bit SSL certificate protection. This certificate will encrypt everything on the page and protect communication security through the web. This is the same safety method being used by banking and financial websites to ensure the high level of security on their webpage.
• Credit card information. We never save your credit card information on our website and all your credit card detail will be processed directly by the Australian payment gateway company – Secure pay. They work with the bank to valid the credit card payment transaction.
• We never sell, exchange, transfer or give any 3rd party your information for any reason without your consent or approval.
• Optimize the purchase procedure. Your information will help us to improve our website layout, customer response procedure and checkout page design. We continues to update our website to best possible shopping experience for all your ATV, Quad Bikes and dirt bikes needs.
• Email information. The email address you provide on our website will be used to send order information, newsletter and latest promotion from us. If you don’t want to receive those newsletter, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the mail or call us at 1300 766 469 to unsubscribe the mail.
Security of your information
We are committed to ensuring that you are shopping on an easy, secure and safe website. GMX works closely with firewall, anti-virus and web security companies to secure our website and data we collect on site.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate is a cryptographic protocol that provides communication security over the internet. We installed this certificate on our server to ensure all your information will be protected by the SSL certificate.
We also use IP verification with other web security systems to prevent unauthorised access and transaction. This website is closely monitored by our web safety and security team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cookies we use
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Update your information
You can update your information anytime at:
• Login your account and update your contact information on our website.
• Provide your new information at contact us page.
• Give your information to our live chat staffs.
• Call us at 1300 766 469 during business hours, Monday to Friday.
• Post mail to ATTN: GMX Motorbikes at 1/25 Westwood drive, Ranvanhall, Victoria 3023
Update on this policy
We may update this policy to provide the latest privacy terms. All change will be listed on this page and our social media pages include GMX quad bikes facebook page , GMX twitter account and GMX Google+ page. Please connect us with our social media accounts so you can receive the most current updates.
1/25 Westwood Drive
Ranvenhall, Victoria, 3023
ATTN: The Privacy Officer from GMX Motorbikes
Or call 1300 766 469
Our privacy officer will reply your message in 48 hours or as early as possible.