GMX motorbikes warranty and guarantees cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. What constitutes a major failure is set out in the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act (ACCA).
You can find information in resolving warranty claim, warranty coverage and warranty conditions from the below terms:
Exclusion of Warranty Cover
• This warranty only covers domestic use and does not cover commercial, racing and competition use.
• This warranty does not cover bike damage caused by incorrect assembly, inappropriate service or maintenance, abuse or accident.
• All bikes are 80% to 90% pre-assembled in the box. You need follow the user manual and assemble the bike correctly before ride, and make sure all parts are tighten firmly. The warranty will be void if you didn't assemble bike in the right way.
• This warranty only covers GMX branded genuine parts, accessories and products. Any compatible parts would not be covered under this warranty policy.
• For ATV quad bikes and dirt bikes products, this policy only cover Australian customers.
• Shipping freight, labour and insurance are not covered under this warranty policy.
• Consumable and expendable parts / accessories (Such as wheels, tube, chains, spark, fuses, cables and bearing) are not covered under this warranty policy.
• Normal wear and tear on bikes, parts and accessories are not covered under this warranty policy.
• Repairs or replacements required where there is evidence that such conditions have contributed to a component failure will not be covered under this warranty policy.
• This warranty policy does not cover damage caused by unauthorised 3rd parties or non-compliance of the operating instructions.
• This warranty does not cover any damage cause by transportation of your item(s). We at GMX motorbikes encourage customers to take freight insurance to cover those unlikely events. Please sign "unchecked" on the consignment if you suspect the item has been damaged during the transportation.
• This warranty policy does not cover any personal injuries, lost, damage due to misuse, abuse, accident, inappropriate assembly, inappropriate service and maintenance.
• This warranty only covers the original buyer and proof of purchase need be provided.
• This warranty only covers item(s) during the warranty term (period).
• This warranty is voided if the motor engine is not run in properly and faults occur due to this.
• This warranty does not cover rusting of products.
• Call outs are not covered under this warranty policy. Customers will be charged a call out fee plus labour charge. (Call outs are only available in metro areas only and please confirm with us before you request this service).
All our products are covered by a full manufacturer's warranty. We only stock quality merchandise so you know your product will stand the test of time. Please view individual product listing for appropriate product warranty. Warranties usually cover manufacture defects. Terms, conditions, and exclusions may apply. View individual product information page or product user manual included with your purchase.
• This warranty covers your new product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 3 months from the date of purchase, provided that the product is used in accordance with accompanying recommendations or instructions where provided.
• We will provide you with your choice of a refund, repair or exchange (where possible) for this product if it becomes defective within the warranty period. GMX motorbikes will bear the reasonable expense of claiming the warranty. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser for non-commercial use.
• All products have a standard manufacturer replacement part warranty unless otherwise stated.
• All products and component parts are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
• Online products and components are warranted against failure or defect arising from normal use subject to the warranty term from the date of purchase.
• We will replace or repair at their discretion any part found to be defective in materials or workmanship.
• We only cover for domestic and home use only.
• We reserve the rights to sell extended warranty or not.
Quad Bike Chassis Frame
Defined as but not limited to the frame plus the "running gear" like transmission, driveshaft, differential, and suspension.
Handle bar frame and structure
Defined as but not limited to the handle bars and fixings, steering system and all factory fittings including handle grips, brake grips and throttle lever.
Wheel rims and fixings
Defined as but not limited to the metal wheel rims that house the tires (warranty does not include the tires) and the fixings that attach the wheel rims to the vehicle in question.
Defined as but not limited to the seat included in the sale of the vehicle. Please note that the QMX quad bike seat is not an integral part of the plastics included with your quad bike. Plastics are not included in the GMX 1 year limited warranty.
These items are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
Other items covered under this warranty
Original GMX Vehicle Engine
GMX Motorbikes warrant to the original purchaser, that the vehicle engine be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.
Original Battery supplied with vehicle
GMX Motorbikes warrant to the original purchaser that the vehicle battery supplied be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase.
At the discretion of GMX Motorbikes, we will replace without charge the part that is determined to be defective under normal use and service during the applicable warranty period.
GMX Motorbikes limit this warranty to those GMX products that have been assembled by an approved mechanic or by GMX Motorbikes. GMX Motorbikes limit this warranty to those GMX products that have been Serviced regularly (6 monthly or less) by an approved mechanic. Failure to produce evidence of the above will render GMX 1 year limited warranty null and void.
GMX 1 year limited warranty will be rendered null and void if recommended fuel types, oil and lubricants are not used as set out in your GMX Owners manual.
Expendable items and items subject to wear and tear such as tyres, tubes, lights, globes, brakes shoes, cables, muffler, mirrors, key socket and various body plastics, etc. are not covered by this warranty (includes all wiring and electrical components).
This warranty does not apply if the product has been abused, misused, altered or modified by the addition, removal or substitution of component parts or if the vehicle has been used for rental or commercial purposes.
GMX motorbikes do not condone intentional dangerous riding of your ATV, and therefore will not be held liable for injury/damage caused by such actions. Your GMX 1 year limited warranty will be rendered null and void if the product has been used in such a way for racing, stunt riding, wheeling, acrobatics, ramp jumping, and dirt riding or for any activity similar to these, as this product is not designed or intended for such purposes or usages.
This warranty does not apply in cases of accident, improper use, illegal use, neglect, misuse, abuse, abnormal wear and tear, improper assembly or improper maintenance. This warranty also does not cover claims arising out of personal injury and damages, restitution, compensation or other remedies at law or in equity for personal injuries or for consequential or incidental damage or loss are specifically excluded.
Dirt & Quad Bikes Limited Repair Warranty
In the unfortunate case of a warranty/ return claim please refer to the information below.
• All claims need to be made online, by completing the online form.(Refer to the below link) http://www.gmxmotorbikes.com.au/contacts/
• Please change the subject field to ensure the correct department.
• You will receive an automated email with a ticket number so you can easily track your claim.
• Our support team will be in contact with you shortly after the claim. (Generally within 48 hours)
Please DO NOT return the item to the place of purchase. Please wait for instructions from our support team. Please DO NOT call our customer service line without the appropriate warranty ticket number.
Subject to the terms, conditions and limitations set out below, this product is warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 30 Days from the date of purchase. (Unless otherwise specified) Expendable items such as tyres, tubes, lights, globes, brakes shoes, cables, muffler, mirrors, key socket and various body plastics, etc. are not covered by this warranty. (Includes all wiring and electrical components).
At our discretion we will replace without charge the part that it determines to be defective in manufacture under normal use and service during the applicable warranty period. Transportation costs and Dealer labour charges however are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty does not apply if the product has been abused, misused, altered or modified by the addition, removal or substitution of component parts or used for rental or commercial purposes.
Similarly, this warranty does not apply if the product has been used for racing, stunt riding, wheeling, acrobatics, ramp jumping, and dirt riding or for any activity similar to these just referred to, as this product is not designed or intended for such purposes or usages.
The user/purchaser is waiving the seller any responsibility for any damage or injury incurred as a result of riding any of the GMX Motorbikes range covered by this warranty. We are under no circumstances liable for any injuries or harm caused a result of using the product, improperly or otherwise. Parent supervision is mandatory for any persons intending to use our products under the age of 16. Helmets and other protective gear set out in your owners manual are to be worn by the rider during all times when riding these vehicles. It is the user's sole responsibility to ensure that the bike has been configured safely and thoroughly checked before riding.
Transportation costs and Dealer labour charges are not covered by this warranty.
Labour costs are generally charged at $49.99 per Hour
Repairs can take between 1-4 weeks to be assessed and repaired